Agandaur

Moderator: Solethria

Tjhunter5151

Agandaur

Post by Tjhunter5151 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Agandaur:
My favourite villain from all of the games has to be Agandaur. Agandaur is a male human and a descendant of the black Numenoreans. He is a dark lieutenant that serves the dark lord. While the Nazgul were being sent to retrieve the one ring, His task was to conquer Eriador and destroy Rivendell. Agandaur resides in his lair Carn Dum and went to Fornost to build an army by drawing Orcs from the Misty Mountains. He also has at his command, soldiers of Carn Dum which are possibly some remnant of the men who served the Witch-king. They may also be descendants of the black Numenoreans.
Agandaur was a skilled warrior and sorcerer, likely taught by Sauron himself. He was a skilled Swordsman and possessed the ability to harness lightning and electricity. He could direct bolts at his enemies to shock and destroy them. He also had the ability to levitate himself and teleport to different locations. Agandaur also rode a fell Beast which makes him the only known character in the lore who is not a Nazgul to ride one.
Agandaur appeared in the Lord of the rings: war in the north and Guardians of Middle-Earth Videogames. He was a playable character in Guardians of Middle-Earth.
He has always been my favourite villain and Lord of the rings: war in the north has always been one of my favourite games. I would love to see him added to BFME as a hero for Mordor or as part of another faction. The other faction could consist of evil men who served the dark lord such as the Haradrim and the Easterlings. Agandaur could fit nicely into this faction as a hero with his soldiers of Carn Dum. There are also three other heroes that served Agandaur which could be added to the game. The first is an Orc Chieftain called Tharzog. The second is a renegade stone giant known as Bargrisar. The third was Wulfrun who was one of the men from Carn Dum, He was a dark sorcerer who was taught by Agandaur and led a group of dark sorcerers known as the Cult of the Lidless Eye. There was a unique troll in the game called the fire hammer troll which had similar armour to the one that fought Aragon in Return of The King. This could serve as a potential hero unit as well. There were also snow trolls present in the game and those who bought the collector’s edition of the game received a statue of the troll. Another possible faction present in the game is the Barrow Wights. They were evil spirits that inhabited the tombs of the Barrow downs. They possessed the bones and remains of fallen soldiers to call upon them to fight. They could be a cool faction or addition to a faction. A different variant of troll was also encountered in the borrow downs which could make a unique unit.
These are some ideas and suggestions for the game. I think what your team is doing is amazing. I am really looking forward to trying it out and the battle for middle-earth games have always been my favourite RTS games that were ever made.

Tjhunter5151

Re: Agandaur

Post by Tjhunter5151 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 pm

I am guessing no devs have seen my post, just wondering?

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:30 am

Tjhunter5151 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:46 pm
I am guessing no devs have seen my post, just wondering?
I have actually although I am not a developer. First of all, welcome to the forum! I was on vacation when i read it so didn't reply then and forgot after. Anyways, Angmar would probably be the best fit and since Angmar is going to be the last of the official factions to be added it's hard to talk about what will and will not end up in the faction. Agandaûr is non-canonical so i am not sure if the team is looking to add such characters.

Just in general with the amount of source material there is, i think it is unlikely we will see non-canonical characters from other games. If not for that reason, then for the reason of not bringing in yet another copyright source.

Not saying they aren't interesting ideas of course. Thanks for the kind words by the way, the team appreciates it!
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Personally I have never been too fond of Agandaur, as he seems to be just a Witchking redo in a different timeline. And while there are things I find fitting for the Witchking as the leader of the nine and bearer of a ring of power, Agandaur seems for too much over the top for a mere mortal men.

And taking place at a compelte different time from Angmars rise, I would rather see new unique characters which are fitting for Angmar than Agandaur.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:26 pm

How to say. Time to time I was even thinking about skills for him in this game but as an hero in some kind of mod or short campaining. As an regular hero: I don't know if he will siut.

Tjhunter5151

Post by Tjhunter5151 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Thanks for the reply, If he doesn't make it in I understand. I am just so happy this game is being made, I am looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Moises Salazar

Post by Moises Salazar » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:35 am

Hello friend and I understand you, I also like and I support you, but if something helps you ... if you somehow get to introduce the creation of heroes you could do it using the necromancer avatar.