New heroes on other Factions?

Moderator: Solethria

Post Reply
Drvgfvm6
Posts: 5

New heroes on other Factions?

Post by Drvgfvm6 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Isengard has Ugluk.
Everyone name one new hero for the remaining five Factions you would all like to see added. ?
Also whoever is in charge (Sol)? Can you maybe give us some hints at any new heroes or units for the other Factions please?
I would love to see the Witch King reworked someway and possibly the Nazgul as well .

User avatar
Lostir
Posts: 174

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by Lostir » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Men of the West: Imrahil or Denethor, because both were important characters during the WotR. Probably would prefer Imrahil, as he synergizes quite well with the whole cavalry thematic of Men.

Elves: Celeborn, because he is an important character too and it makes no sense to leave him out if there is space for another hero left.

Dwarves: Brand/Bard, adding him in RotWk was the right decision. Though I expect a lot more changes for the dwarven heroes.

Mordor: Gothmog, the same as with Brand

Wild: Bolg, because he was the leader during the Hobbit and therefore should have a place in the faction more than anyone else. And Smaug shall replace Drogoth.

User avatar
BlackDouglasOK
Posts: 69

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Lostir wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm
Men of the West: Imrahil or Denethor
I strongly disagree with adding more heroes to MoTW, especially Denethor, thematically men are a faction that requires strong leaders. Maybe Merry & Pippin duo as an spell.
Lostir wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm
Dwarves: Brand/Bard
Mordor: Gothmog
I guess the devs take into account all the BFMEs. I also believe that the heroes of the dwarves need many changes, in fact now I do not see much sense in Gloin as a hero on his own. I hope that Thorin works as a heroic batallion due to the Company.
Lostir wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 pm
Wild: Bolg. And Smaug shall replace Drogoth
I disagree with the addition of Bolg if Azog is present. Of the two, Azog overshadows Bolg in books and movies
Please replace Drogoth with the Golden Boy

User avatar
Lostir
Posts: 174

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by Lostir » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:57 pm

I strongly disagree with adding more heroes to MoTW,
Then this is the wrong topic for you, as the topic requests to name 1 hero per faction that we would like to see.
I guess the devs take into account all the BFMEs.
But Reforged is nonetheless based on BfME2 and nothing from RotWk is set yet, except Angmar in the future.
I disagree with the addition of Bolg if Azog is present. Of the two, Azog overshadows Bolg in books and movies
For the reason above Azog isn't present yet. Also, in the books Bolg was a lot more important.

User avatar
WerewolfMoonHunter
Posts: 101
Location: Poland

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Gondor: (yes, I still think that Rohan and Gondor should be splitted)
- Denethor
- Imrahil
- Beregond

Rohan:
- Hama
- Gamling
- Theodret

Elves:
- Celeborn
- Tauriel (I know it's hero only from movie, but still, she was very good)

Dwarfs:
- Here I will not write anything becouse we still don't know at which time line this fraction will be: From Hobbit or from War for the Ring.

Mordor:
- Gorbag
- Shagrat

Isengard:
- Bill Ferny
- Lotto Sacville-Baggins

Goblins:
- Bolg
- Great Goblin
- Golfumbur.

User avatar
Solethria
Posts: 259

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by Solethria » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Drvgfvm6 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:43 pm
Also whoever is in charge (Sol)? Can you maybe give us some hints at any new heroes or units for the other Factions please?
Yes, here goes:

- Ugluk (Isengard, addition)
- Thranduil (Elves, rework)
- The witch king (possible rework)
- Sauron (additional role)
- Balin (Dwarves, addition)
- Thorin (Dwarves, addition)
- Bard (Dwarves, possible rework)
- Azog (Goblins/Wild, rework)
- Bolg (Goblins/Wild, addition)
- The Great Goblin (Goblins/Wild, replacement for Gorkil)

The list is subject to change, the role and design is not final for most of these. This list doesn't exclude additions/changes.
Forum Moderator

Jet Xot
Posts: 5

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by Jet Xot » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:10 am

My opinion:

Some factions need more heros. Other factions have a lot of heros. Balance that, ONLY 5 HEROS in every faction.

Goblins:
-Rework of Shelob.
-Gobling King. Rework his Scorpion mount movement.
-Rework Azog model.
-Add a new hero. Maybe a troll hero, that can buff cavern trolls.

Men of The West
-Remove eowyn and eomer.
-Theoden CANT dismount his horse (too OP, he can level up againts pikes too fast, and heros like Sharku cant dismount).

Elves
-Removes Arwen.

Dwarves
-Add a hero. Maybe focus the hero to mobility buff. And place, make with more weaker than the other 3 dwarve heros.

Isengard
-Dunleding low cost hero.
-Rework Sharku.

User avatar
BlackDouglasOK
Posts: 69

Re: New heroes on other Factions?

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Jet Xot wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:10 am
My opinion:

Some factions need more heros. Other factions have a lot of heros. Balance that, ONLY 5 HEROS in every faction.
Balancing is not egalitarianism
If the problem is number of heroes, most of players dont recruit all heroes in a pvp match because simply you dont need all of them
Also notice that reforged cover all BFME, many heroes are gona be deleted, reworked or added: Ugluk, Bolg, Azog reworked, Gorkil deleted, Thorin, Balin and Brand reworked or replaced by Bard

Post Reply