Hotkeys

Moderator: Solethria

clapton_cream

Hotkeys

Post by clapton_cream » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:49 pm

So one of the most challenging things when trying to improve your gameplay in rotwk are the hotkeys.
It would be better to make everything assigned to the same hotkey (i.e farms on all factions should be on hotkey R for example, instead of the way they already are : R - Mordor,Men, C - Isengard , T - Goblins etc.).
Also there are many heroes with a couple of abilities, though each one has different hotkeys which seems impossible to learn.( A great approach would be to have Ability 1 on W on every hero, Ability 2 on E and so on, just like dota or league)

So assigning customizable hotkeys should be a major priority as far as customization is concerned.

Lastly, it would be cool for example to assign the barracks on hotkey 1 , and then by clicking 1 multiple times , all barracks will be highlighted one by one, just like assigning the "building group" on a hotkey instead of a single structure.

Keep up the great work! Cheers

Lostir

Re: Hotkeys

Post by Lostir » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:11 pm

I think it was already confirmed that hotkeys are going to be customizable.
Also, for the standard setting, I'd like a listing of the keyboard acoring to the buttons in the commandset. So the first button gets Q the second W, E, R, T, Y, U,...
That would make it really easy to use the abilities without looking up what each hotkey is.