The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare

Moderator: Solethria

BlackDouglasOK

The Lord of the Rings: Weapons and Warfare

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Mon May 27, 2019 4:18 pm

I recommend this book to the developers.
I know that it is essential to make the game balanced and like a remade of the BFME saga, but that book shows me the practical and realistic (to be a movie) that was the trilogy.
Some things that caught my attention were: The elves wore armor with a theme of the seasons showing their peak (summer) and decay (autumn), the orcs had banners representing their clan or something like that, the Numenoreans had weapons larger than the Gondorians (purity of blood maybe), the goblins of Moria wore armor that reflected a Balrog cult, the riders of Isengrad have several amputations, the falchions of the Uruk were useful against cavalry and armor, Orcs of the Third Age were better trained and equipped than those of the Second Age because of their poor performance (I suppose that for thousands of years Melkor and Sauron never thought of doing this) and how impractical (but frightening) were the berserkers greatswords and the Witch-King mace.
What most caught my attention was a graphic showing the range of some weapons: Elven bows > Crossbows> Numenorian bows> Trebuchet > Gondorian /ranger bows > Rohirrim bows> orc bows> goblin bows> Throwing axes/spears.