Lotto Sackville - Baggins

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Lotto Sackville - Baggins

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sat May 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Hello guys. Becouse Isengard will be the first fraction possible to play in BFME Reforged I decited to show you so of my ideas for new hero fo this fraction: Lotto Sackville - Baggins. For this who don'y know him, he was son of Lobelia and relative of Bilbo and Frodo. At some part of history he start cooperating with Saruman. Thanks his mony he bought big parts of land in Shier. Thanks White Wizard support he was able to take charge in Shier and change it into industrial country.
According to his role in book I was thinking about him as building supporter (becouse it siuts him and Isengard don't have heros like this).

1. Level 1- Earth Buyout: Lotto thanks cooperation with Saruman was able to buy big parts of land in Shier and use them to make an profit. Choosen enemy economic building will converted at your side.

2. Level 2- Industrialization: Lotto thanks Sarumas knowleg and support was able to build mills and factorys in Shier, changeing it into industral country. Choosen allied economic building will prodiuce 100% more resources by next 3 minutes.

3. Level 4- Chief from Bag End: Lotto after long years finnaly could move into Bag End. Thanks Sarumans help he was able to take charge in Shier. From this time he was known as Cheif from Bag End. Units and heros in allied inns will be 15% cheaper. (passive abillyty)

4. Level 6- Border Outpost: Lotto to make sure that his rule will be not in danger, order to build outposts in every part of Shier. They helped him to secure country, and allow to get extra profit. Lotto will summon an Broder Outpost in choosen aera, which will attack close enemys by bows, and creat random number of resources (pleas: if you will make this put in this Outposts enslaved Hobbits as archers :) )

5. Level 7- Sharkey's Men: Lotto was able to rule Shier thanks bandits and mercenaries. This humans were much stronger then hobbits, and they were well armed. Lotto will summon 3 units of Sharkey's Man.

Thats all. I hope so you like it. Write what do you think about this ideas in comments. Thank you for reading.

Lostir

Re: Lotto Sackville - Baggins

Post by Lostir » Sun May 12, 2019 9:01 am

What is your problem with far too strong first abilities? :D
Converting an enemy economy building basically means that you destroy it and build your own one at the same place. That might work as a level 10 ability but not as a first one.
The level 2 ability also gives the player 750 resources just for reaching level 2. So, Lotho should cost atleast 1500 resources or he will be worth buying just for his first 2 abilities.

Also, I'm not a fan of Hobbits costing as much as a regular hero and I would rather see him as a Scout hero costing less than 500 gold.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun May 12, 2019 11:16 am

Lostir wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:01 am
What is your problem with far too strong first abilities? :D
Converting an enemy economy building basically means that you destroy it and build your own one at the same place. That might work as a level 10 ability but not as a first one.
The level 2 ability also gives the player 750 resources just for reaching level 2. So, Lotho should cost atleast 1500 resources or he will be worth buying just for his first 2 abilities.

Also, I'm not a fan of Hobbits costing as much as a regular hero and I would rather see him as a Scout hero costing less than 500 gold.
1. Maybe I wrote it in wrong way. I mean here that the choosen enemy builting will be your now. But if it is too strong for beggining it can be as skill nr.5

2. Yeah. I was afraid that will be too stron. So maybe not 100% bu 25% - 50%?

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun May 12, 2019 1:45 pm

1. Yes, I understood that. Getting a building from your enemy is the same as first destroying it and then building an equivalent building of yours. Level 10 should be ok.
His current Level 10 ability could be changed in a way that it works like Beregonds Lvl1 summon to protect a building.
2. Or make it like similar abilities in Edain, that it will produce a lot more for a short time, but afterwards hardly produces anything for a similar time. Though stacking it with the spellbook industry spell could still be insane.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun May 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:45 pm
1. Yes, I understood that. Getting a building from your enemy is the same as first destroying it and then building an equivalent building of yours. Level 10 should be ok.
His current Level 10 ability could be changed in a way that it works like Beregonds Lvl1 summon to protect a building.
2. Or make it like similar abilities in Edain, that it will produce a lot more for a short time, but afterwards hardly produces anything for a similar time. Though stacking it with the spellbook industry spell could still be insane.
1. Okay. So Skill 1 will be move to skill nr.5 and it will need lev. 10 unlock it. Skill nr.5 will be move to the skill nr.1 but I think I will stay at this that it will summon this bandits.

2. So maybe something like this: "Choosen allied economic building will produce 15% more resources by next 5 minutes.

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Part of what makes Isengard unique is his lack of heroes

batyu

Post by batyu » Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 pm

BlackDouglasOK wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:40 pm
Part of what makes Isengard unique is his lack of heroes
Yes! To be honest i wouldn't even miss Grima. Especially if Ugluk comes.
Lotto is too far away from the Uruk army, that define Isengard.
But it can be a nice addition still. Maybe map specific? (you can buy him at the Buckland map or Shire forexample.)

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 am

Edain had minifactions in the inn for a long time. I think that would be a perfect solution for such minor characters, as inns aren't that available as normal buildings (no idea how they will be in Reforged). And he fits to the dunlendings in the inn.