Anduril and Gandlf the White as passive rank 5 abilities

Moderator: Solethria

Leloux

Anduril and Gandlf the White as passive rank 5 abilities

Post by Leloux » Tue May 07, 2019 10:16 am

I know Gandalf turns to white when he gets to rank 5 but that is only visual thing.

Like in BFME 1, these abilities should increase stats for aragorn and gandalf. I think motw heroes are really super weak compared to other races.

Mordor has wk, fellbeasts who are strong in controlling map, dealing with large armies and many other support hero options like nazguls.

Isengard has lurtz and saruman who are kinda self explainatory.

Dwarves has gloin as a quick rush hero whose stats are strong. Gimli shines as mid//late game powerhouse. And dain is very useful sup hero with leadership.

Elves has Arwen, glorfindel and haldir as early game options. They are picked up commonly by bfme 2 players. Legolas, Thranduil and elrond have game changing skills as well.

What does motw have on the other hand? Nothing. People neither recruit gandalf or aragorn even if they have tons of resources. Boromir and faramir are decent early game heroes but other factions have better alternatives.

Aragorn's physical damage is can only be compared to Gimli and Wk, thats true. He can even beat sauron in 1v1. But this game isnt about 1v1 and even if it was then, he wouldnt be able to catch heroes. Aragorn is too easy to counter to be honest. He is easily kitable as his movement speed is too low. He is weak against large armies as he has no any AoE skill or splash attack like in bfme 1. He is only good aginst buildings.

And gandalf has very loooong cooldowns for skills and mediocre damage output. He is just waste of resources.

Solethria

Re: Anduril and Gandlf the White as passive rank 5 abilities

Post by Solethria » Tue May 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Hi, first of all welcome to the forums! It is true that you rarely see gandalf and I guess overall it depends on what game and patch you are playing when it comes to how useful the heroes are.

Boromir however is one of the strongest heroes in the game, in any patch. Mostly due to Horn of Gondor. Aragorn can also be very strong but I guess that may also depend on the patch. Faramir is for example really solid in rotwk 2.02. Of course men have a huge hero roster which makes for very flexible choices. The counter for that is the overall powerlevel that these heroes have.

Men is not yet a faction that is actively discussed (at least publicly) since at least Isengard and Elves will come first so I don't know if the team has already thought of the men hero roster. I think Boromir could use a nerf and Faramir would be good like rotwk 2.02, but without the fear on his arrow blast skill (which I believe will be removed in 2.02 v8). Gandalf I guess could use some minor changes, maybe some more health, but men have access to heal and Aragorn's heal as well so idk...

Just my thoughts on the subject :)
Forum Moderator

hoherprotektor

Post by hoherprotektor » Fri May 10, 2019 10:27 am

I would consider to split Humans in Gondor and Rohan, like it was in the BFME1.

Leloux

Post by Leloux » Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 pm

hoherprotektor wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:27 am
I would consider to split Humans in Gondor and Rohan, like it was in the BFME1.
Yes I think it should be the case. This way both Good and Bad sides are going to have 4 factions.