Sharku

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Re: Sharku

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun May 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Solethria wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:39 pm
It opens up for some cool strategy and decision options.

The 'summon supportive warg' ability would only spawn up to X wargs depending on Sharku's level. So, if it would spawn 3 wargs at max, but one was still alive while the skill is already off cooldown, it only spawns 2 extra. You would then have to make the decision to either attack first and let the one warg go down fighting (spawning 3 new ones) or just choose to spawn 2 new ones right away before engaging.

Also, you could spawn your supportive wargs and right away use the 'target specific enemy' skill to make them attack a target right away. This could be used to kill of a hero that is trying to flee. (kind of like is happening in this scene in the hobbit at 2:18 :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJyRav5c4I) Just some use cases I could think of.
Hmmmmm I must say it's great idea. Give me an sec. I will edid my post and you will tell what do you think.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon May 06, 2019 7:43 am

While I'm a huge fan of synergizing ability sets, I doubt that something like that has a chance in reforged, because it seems that just the same approach from the vanilla game is used, while more complex and synergetic heroes would need a really different approach.
Nonetheless, it is fun creating interesting concepts, so I have no problem even if the chances are low.

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 am

I don't have time to go through all skills right now so I'll edit this post later, but my first thought was that a skill to take control over specifically warg lairs is kind of limited. Unless you're playing on a map with wargs the skill will be completely useless.
Try my latest BFME2 map: Tower Hills 1v1

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon May 06, 2019 9:37 am

Lostir wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:43 am
While I'm a huge fan of synergizing ability sets, I doubt that something like that has a chance in reforged,
As long as the following supportive wargs mechanic is achievable I think it can be done, would not be that far off to make skills build around them I believe.
Jokuc wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 am
my first thought was that a skill to take control over specifically warg lairs is kind of limited. Unless you're playing on a map with wargs the skill will be completely useless.
Agreed, it is to situational. I never liked that as a spellbook spell either.
Forum Moderator

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon May 06, 2019 11:55 am

Jokuc wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 am
I don't have time to go through all skills right now so I'll edit this post later, but my first thought was that a skill to take control over specifically warg lairs is kind of limited. Unless you're playing on a map with wargs the skill will be completely useless.
Hmmmm I see. So maybe something diffrent?

1. Level 1- Warg Pack: Sharku can summon at choosen area allied Warg Lair (creep) under your control. In this lair you can recruit Wargs (creeps) and it will produce small resources.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon May 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Remove the resource generation and you have my vote.
Generating resources will make it either completly broken, if it has no radius and doesn't count for the inflation, or if it has both, it will be pretty useless. Also, summoning such a creep lair will be a good ability even without the resources.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon May 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Lostir wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:11 pm
Remove the resource generation and you have my vote.
Generating resources will make it either completly broken, if it has no radius and doesn't count for the inflation, or if it has both, it will be pretty useless. Also, summoning such a creep lair will be a good ability even without the resources.
Okay. So without resource