Blueprints

Moderator: Solethria

Ludwig

Blueprints

Post by Ludwig » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Will there be blueprints? I think it would be very cool to see those. Not only for buildings, but for units too.

Solethria

Re: Blueprints

Post by Solethria » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi Ludwig, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what kind of blueprints you're talking about? The devteam already shows concept art and models/meshes among the most recent asset showcase videos. These can also all be found on the forum BFME: Reforged Vault section.
Forum Moderator

Ludwig

Post by Ludwig » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Thank you for the welcome.
By blueprint I mean, for example, that you can order a building, even if you do not have enough resources. And only when the required resources are actually available the building will be built.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 pm

Ah like that, wasn't thinking in that direction. Anyways, no details out yet that suggest this is going to be a feature (but not many specific gameplay details are out yet). That being said, I don't think it is going to be a thing. Builders in bfme2 are unavailable while building so you would only be able to do it for one building at a time (per builder) and not stack like AoE for example. That would also be OP and a bit counter intuitive to at least the current 'meta' in bfme2/rotwk, in which managing your eco and optimizing your money spend on units is very important and really a key component of the game, because its core is rather simplistic.

With games like AoE you have to manage much more stuff at once (single units, all your builders for resources and building and also the variety in resources) so it makes more sense there. But that's just my initial thoughts.
Forum Moderator

Syso

Post by Syso » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 am

Solethria wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:09 pm
With games like AoE you have to manage much more stuff at ones (single units, all your builders for resources and building and also the variety in resources) so it makes more sense there. But that's just my initial thoughts.
Your thoughts are totally right again, ofc in my opinion :) If we look closely, its not that much to do when u dont have to control the builders that often in bfme. Not need to add queuing. Only the action-planning system for units would be very good option. Lets make those patrols of Mirkwood Archers. ;)
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!