Camera perspective (zoom)

Moderator: Solethria

Reykong

Camera perspective (zoom)

Post by Reykong » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:36 am

Is the game going to have a higher camera than the normal game? "Recently", a mod or a patch (don't really remember) was developed for bfme2 and one of the implemented functionalities was a higher camera which improves the game strategy considerably. So I think that getting a higher camera view is a core functionality to be implemented in bfme-reforged, what do you think?

Solethria

Re: Camera perspective

Post by Solethria » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum!

The game will have a camera angle fitting for RTS. No specific details yet about how it might be or not be different from what we know of bfme. Overall patches/modifications of the camera angle in the bfme games is considered cheating, but obviously it's a nice thing or even must have because of resolution issues with modern systems, resulting in a zoomed-in experience. BFME: Reforged will obviously be adapted to these new systems, giving everybody the same camera results and a fair game.
Forum Moderator

Bartooliinii

Suggestion: Better Zoom

Post by Bartooliinii » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi,

I've no idea if it's possible, but if you can, could you make sure that in this BFME reforged version of the game, the player is able to zoom out a bit more. I like to have an idea of my surroundings in RTS games, but the one flaw of BFME was that the screen just felt a bit too close to the units. Sometimes you couldn't even fit your entire army into the screen.

So if you can, please make sure to be able to zoom out more. It'll increase gameplay experience a lot, I'm sure.

Thanks!

(I probably won't be checking this thread. I only post here cause it was said in one of the latest videos that this is a platform where you're more likely to view suggestions and questions.)

Cheers!

Solethria

Re: Suggestion: Better Zoom

Post by Solethria » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Bartooliinii wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 pm
I've no idea if it's possible, but if you can, could you make sure that in this BFME reforged version of the game, the player is able to zoom out a bit more. I like to have an idea of my surroundings in RTS games, but the one flaw of BFME was that the screen just felt a bit too close to the units. Sometimes you couldn't even fit your entire army into the screen.
Hi, if you're reading this: welcome to the forum! :)

I've merged your topic with this recent one since it is the same subject. Have a look at my other response here! And yes, everything on the forum at least gets viewed (and in most cases answered/reacted to). Cheers!
Forum Moderator