Confirmed spells and possible replacements

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Confirmed spells and possible replacements

Post by Solethria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi there!

As you may know, BFME: Reforged announced earlier that no spell will have a copy of itself in another faction. All spells will be unique to its faction. In relation to this, the following decisions have already been made:

Confirmed placements (outside of Isengard's finished spellbook)
- Balrog --> 25 power for Goblins
- Summon Dragon --> Now becomes Summon Smaug (dragon strike), 25 power for Goblins
- Rain of fire --> 25 power for Mordor

Removed spells that require replacements
- Balrog for Mordor --> Give us your feedback on replacement!
- Wyrm for Mordor --> Give us your feedback on replacement!
- Barrage for Mordor --> Give us your feedback on replacement!

We are interested what you guys can come up with regarding possible replacement ideas!
Forum Moderator

dufreue

Re: Confirmed spells and possible replacements

Post by dufreue » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm

I think Wyrm could be replaced with Corsairs of Umbar (getting resources from damage to structures). They could be summoned as a small army OR as a couple Black Ships or even a single Bombardment Ship.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:33 am

dufreue wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm
I think Wyrm could be replaced with Corsairs of Umbar (getting resources from damage to structures). They could be summoned as a small army OR as a couple Black Ships or even a single Bombardment Ship.
That just would be the Dunlending spell, which already exists for Isengard. And summoning ships won't work on most maps.
- Balrog for Mordor --> Give us your feedback on replacement!
- Wyrm for Mordor --> Give us your feedback on replacement!
- Barrage for Mordor --> Give us your feedback on replacement!
What about summoning Grond instead of a Balrog? A mighty siege spell that deals lots of damage.
And I would replace the Wyrm by "Call the Hordes" from BfME1. It might even make normal Mordor Orcs free to buy passively.
Mordors Barrage could be replaced by a passive spell giving all Nazgul their armour.

For Lonetower I suggest replacing the Dwarven one by Runes. That is a really cool spell Edain has, which allows a player to upgrade a building in 1 of 4 different ways greatly improving it.

I would also replace the Men Barrage by another cool spell of Edain, which is a different kind of barrage and instead of being in an area, it is a barrage moving in an direction (towards the nearest enemy building), which offers quite a lot of possibilities.

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:01 am

Lostir wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:33 am
What about summoning Grond instead of a Balrog? A mighty siege spell that deals lots of damage.
I don't like that idea. I would prefer to be able to buy Grond like you can do in bfme2 1.09.

Honestly I don't understand why Balrog is being removed for Mordor. It makes much more sense for them to be with Mordor rather than with Goblins. Melkor had control over them.
Coder, mapper, player

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

Honestly I don't understand why Balrog is being removed for Mordor. It makes much more sense for them to be with Mordor rather than with Goblins. Melkor had control over them.
But Sauron didn't and had nothing to do with him.

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Maybe could have Mordor spell that summons several armored trolls. But it sound like that ent summoning spell.

Sorry for bad English.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Okay so I have my pc back and I can normaly write, and here goes what I think:

Confirmed placements (outside of Isengard's finished spellbook):
1. Barlog for 25 power for Goblins- I think it's great idea.
2. Summon Dragon.... I was thinking that Smaug will be as normal hero. Not Spell stuff. Ther is any chance for change?
3. Rain of fire- Great idea.

Removed spells that require replacements

1. Barlog... you can change it for.. for example... "Call of the Dead" (connected with Saurons necromantic power)- change every enemy unit at coosen area at allied Ghost which will fight for you by next 5 minutes.
2. Wyrm.... Here you can put for example: "Dead Marshes": Create Dead Marshes and coosen area. Every unit which step at it will suffer dmg from posion. And it should allow to recrut ghosts as units
3. Barrage... just change it for barracs with special units.

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 pm

I do think that inspiration should be taken from other modifications, such as Edain - so how about a power that can replace either Wyrm or Barrage, with something that increases Orc Production speed. If you are winning, it could finish a game fast or just provide more harassment. As for replacing, Balrog - maybe something that buffs heroes or increases Sauron power himself if he has the ring. Situational, but provides power creep which can also end games. Perhaps give an upgraded Eye of Sauron ability.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Make Samug replace Drogoth please
Balrog -> Grond
Wyrm -> Free orcs, passive
Barrage -> Wasteland

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Barrage could be replaced with „Breath of Darkness” (fancy name, isn’t it?) - a spell with large area of effect, blowing the enemies down and squashing them with a wave of dark wind. Low impact on structures. Affected enemies couldn’t move or attack, letting the caster’s army to slaughter them. Duration time - from three to six seconds.
"A new power is rising!"