Denethor

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Denethor

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 pm

Hello. This time, I want to show you my ideas for Denethor. This hero should be in game from beggining. Sadly he is really underrated by LOTR fans (especialy by this one who watche only movie, but don't read books). I was thinking about him as some kind of unit/hero/building supporter with some chance to surrvive regular battle. Edain Mod inspired me to work at his stances to make him more unique.

Stances:
Denethor, as Steward of Gondor, had his own guards. This 4 loyal soldiers was following him and protecting from enemy.
  • Defensive Stance- Stewards Guards take their spears and heavy sheilds, and they are concentrate at defense. Denethor and his guards take +50% for armour, but they loose 25% of moving speed. In this stance Denethor will take no dmg from enemy since all his 4 gurad are alive. Enemies are not automatically attacked.
  • Normal Stance- Stewards Guards will fight by two-handed swords. At this stance Denethor and his soldiers will not get any bonuses or penalties. Denethor will normaly take part at fight,a nd he will get dmg. Enemies in a medium range are attacked automaticall
  • Aggressive Stance- At this stance Steward Guards will fight with their bows.They get +50% for dmg and +15% for sight rage but main melee will be concentrate at Denethor. Enemies in sight are automatically attacked.
1. Level 1- Steward of Gondor: Denethor, when the War for the Ring begun, he made everything to save Gondor. His wisdom and knowleg helped kingdom survived war with Mordor. Despite it, his rules were falling, and he, tierd after long years of rulling and hard moments, started to fall into madness. No less, he is still respectable by his subjects and other rullers. Allied units near Denethor take +15% to armour, but they have less fear resistance. (passive ability)

2. Level 1- Palantir of Minas Thirit: Denethor, despite that he isn't the king, he started using palantir. Thanks Seeing Stone, he is able to watch enemys plans, and moves, but it exposes him at Saurons influence. Denethor reveals choosen area at the map for 15 sec. When he do this, he get some exp, but he is unable to use any other skills by next 30 sec.

3. Level 3- War Economy: Denethor, thanks his knowledge and skills was able to reform Gondros econmy that way that, it was able to gratify country need, and not ruin kingdom economy. All allied economical buildings will produce 50% resources more, by next 3 minutes.

4. Level 5- Grace of Steward: Denethor, despite his madness and bias, was able to reward his loyal solders and generals. Choosen allied hero will level up.

5. Level 7- "Run for your lives!": Denethor, in critical moments can loose his faith in victory, and he ca command his troops to run away. All allied units and heros near Denethor will get +25% for moving speed, and can't be attack, but they can't atatck too.

Denethor: Hero of One Ring

Denethor, when he get One Ring, he starts to beleve that they can win war against Mordor. Ring fueling this belief in his, and his soldiers hearts. At the same time Ring use Denethors madness and tiredness to change him into shadow of the great man he once was.

Stance:
Denethor, as Steward of Gondor, had his own guards. This 12 loyal soldiers was following him and protecting from enemy.
  • Defensive Stance- Stewards Guards take their spears and heavy sheilds, and they are concentrate at defense. Denethor and his guards take +50% for armour, but they loose 25% of moving speed. In this stance Denethor will take no dmg from enemy since all his 12 gurad are alive. Enemies are not automatically attacked.
  • Normal Stance- Stewards Guards will fight by two-handed swords. At this stance Denethor and his soldiers will not get any bonuses or penalties. Denethor will normaly take part at fight,a nd he will get dmg. Enemies in a medium range are attacked automaticall
  • Aggressive Stance- At this stance Steward Guards will fight with their bows.They get +50% for dmg and +15% for sight rage but main melee will be concentrate at Denethor. Enemies in sight are automatically attacked.
1. Level 1- Successor of Ecthelion: Denethor, tempted by visions created by One Ring, start acting more boldly then ever. His faith into victory, and his madness drown out common sense. All allied units near Denethor will get +25% for dmg, but they loose 15% for armour nad they have fear resistance. (passive ability)

2. Level 1-Palantir of Minas Thirit: Denethor still use palatir to watch enemy plans and moves. Thanks One Ring, he is able to see more the ealier, but Saurons influence work at him much stronger. Thanks that Denethor is slowly changing into sad puppet in Dark Lord hands. Denethor reveals choosen area at the map for 30 sec. When he do that, he level up, but he is unalbe to move, fight or use skills by next 45 sec.

3. Level 3- War Taxes: Denethor, under One Ring power starts to beleve, that every citizen must take some part in Gondors victory. Thats why, he imposes special taxes, which fills the treasury, but ruin many of the citizens. All allied economical buildings will produce +100% more resources, but they loose -75% of endurance. (passive ability).

4. Level 5- Grace of Steward: Denethor, despite his madness and bias, was able to reward his loyal solders and generals. Choosen allied hero will level up.

5. Level 7- Blind Attack: Denethor, thanks One Ring power, and his own prestige, is able to convince his soldiers to more heroic deeds. Thanks that his men are more willing to fight, but they deeds can bring more casualties the benefits. All allied units near Denethor will get +50% for dmg and armour but they will not get any exp.

Sorry for my english.

Lostir

Re: Denethor

Post by Lostir » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:09 am

As part of Edains Denethor concept were made by me, I'm all for implementing a similar one here.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:40 am

Lostir wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:09 am
As part of Edains Denethor concept were made by me, I'm all for implementing a similar one here.
1. Cool ^^

2. So... My ideas here are good?

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Yes, I like them.

Syso

Post by Syso » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:26 am

Nice :)
So if we talk about that kind of characters, what about... Theodred?
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:33 am

As long as the faction is mainly focussing on Gondor, I don't think Theodred is that important, in particular as the faction already has quite a lot of heroes. I'd rather prefer seeing Imrahil and Pippin for Men of the West.

Though if Theodred is implemented, I'd like him to have a skill that summons a shield wall that keeps blocking enemies from moving.

Hadafang

Post by Hadafang » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:59 pm

I'm sure this will ruffle the feathers but,

DENETHOR IS A WASTE. Kinda like Wormtongue with Isengard. (In my opinion)

There must be better heroes we can choose from. What about Isildur?

Cheers

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Isildur is long dead. Reviving him to fight along with heroes like Aragorn would be completly weird.

stormbringer

Post by stormbringer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:24 am

Lostir wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:32 pm
Isildur is long dead. Reviving him to fight along with heroes like Aragorn would be completly weird.
The developers are planning to add the Angmar faction in the future so.......