Movement mechanics

Moderator: Solethria

Syso

Movement mechanics

Post by Syso » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:40 pm

What the Reforged Team is planning to do with that aspect. In my opinion the mechanics from bfme wasnt that bad. Sometimes it was buggy but was rly not bad. But how the team see this. It was said that by the new engine the game will be smoother. But will it be more like total war or starcraft mechanics. In total war we have more realistic unit moves, like when u tell them to go, the units start slowly to change their position and then step by step increasing their speed.
In starcraft we have the unnatural movement. The unit change walking directions and speed like there were no gravity/resistance forces.
I think the bfme should be somewhere in the middle. Maybe little more on the realistic side :)
What u guys think?
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Solethria

Re: Movement mechanics

Post by Solethria » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:28 pm

While I do not know any of those details, I do know that the BFME games had a minor speed acceleration mechanic.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Re: Movement mechanics

Post by Lostir » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Yes, BfME had quite a couple of features to make movement more realistic. There were acceleration and breaking values, which could be adjusted for each object. Also there was a turn radius, as well as a turn radius if the unit wasn't at full speed. Furthermore units in a battalion had slightly higher speed than the whole battalion to catch up to it.