Replacing/Reworking BFME units?

Moderator: Solethria

Lostir

Re: Replacing/Reworking BFME units?

Post by Lostir » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:11 am

While I like to see some Goblins from Gundabad or Goblin Town, the ones from Moria as shown in the LotR should really be the standard goblins which are available at the start and will create the majority of the army.

Hadafang

Post by Hadafang » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Wanted to throw this out there.

I love where everyone's head is at. I think it's good fun to get detailed.
Just want to suggest to not get too crazy about separation of factions and units.

Men of the West for example. I agree that, in theory, Rohan is different than Gondor. But if we were to follow the story and world of LOTR, they are a horse-based group of people. What foot soldiers and foot archers would they have? Peasants?

In my opinion it would take away from their faction, as they'd be limited. Again, of course one CAN figure out a way to make it work but it might not be the best option. I personally didn't think there was anything wrong with the Men of the West faction. Yes, their hero arc was stacked and you could make a squad of heroes from just them... perhaps re-work that?

I wrote this in another post so sorry for the repetition but, could someone post a "what we have" regarding heroes? Feel like we're a little lost on this as of now, and keep throwing out new ideas without structure.

By the way, hope no one takes my post in bad taste! I say "we" and write in a straight forward manner but mean no offense to anyone and just, like the rest of us, want this game to be the best possible version it can be! That comes through argument, asking questions, debating, working and reworking.

Cheers brothers.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Hadafang wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:09 pm
By the way, hope no one takes my post in bad taste! I say "we" and write in a straight forward manner but mean no offense to anyone and just, like the rest of us, want this game to be the best possible version it can be! That comes through argument, asking questions, debating, working and reworking.
This is the whole point of the forum and as such i agree 100%. About your question for confirmed heroes. Currently Isengard is being finalized for closed beta and elves worked on for open beta. As such there are no confirmed heroes beyond those factions. For Isengard Lurtz and Saruman have been shown + the possibility to add Ugluk. For Elves Glorfindel (briefly), Legolas (briefly) and Thranduil have been shown.
Forum Moderator

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 am

For Isengard Lurtz and Saruman have been shown + the possibility to add Ugluk. For Elves Glorfindel (briefly), Legolas (briefly) and Thranduil have been shown.
I really hope you guys consider doing more new heroes in the future as well. Ugluk is awesome, so I am pumped for him, but the possibility of Azog and Thorin (plus others) would be great also. Have you guys decided on anything about ring heroes? The potential for there to be more than two? I understand that it could introduce another wave of balancing, but it also has an additive bonus of strategy. 'Do I want the ring?', and who do I want it for? are all unique aspects, instead of the usual 'I win' hero. It also helps replayability. Ring heroes keep people on their toes.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:37 am

There haven't been any information about ring heroes yet, I'm even sure of the existence of the ring ingame is confirmed, though I expect that.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:46 am

I can't confirm anything since to me this also isn't confirmed yet, however in the teaser trailer Sauron and Galadriel are shown. That's all we know so far.
Forum Moderator