Replacing/Reworking BFME units?

Moderator: Solethria

Syso

Re: Replacing/Reworking BFME units?

Post by Syso » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Zagloba wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:33 pm
I think...
I disagree with all what u said. Its not total war, its bfme. Your changes would kill the immersion. Anyway, ty for ideas ;)
And... please use normall font.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Zagloba wrote:
I have also one more question: are you adding Rohan? Because for me, Men of The West fraction is just Gondor able to recruit Rohirrims and do some serious hero spam with all of Rohan heroes. My postulate is to bring the old Rohan back!
Larger font to point this out :)
Reforged on BfME 2 and will therefore feature the faction included there, though there is the chance of Angmar being added too. What happens afterwards none can say, in particular as having Rohan and Gondor seperated seems to be the wish of a lot of users.
So, at first Men will be introduced as Men of the West and afterwards, maybe we will get Gondor and Rohan, or maybe not.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Syso wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 pm
Zagloba wrote:
I think...
I disagree with all what u said. Its not total war, its bfme. Your changes would kill the immersion. Anyway, ty for ideas ;)
And... please use normall font.
The immersion isn't the most important part of a game, the core is the gameplay.
I forgot to say that the range indicators will show up only when the unit is selected, so our beloved immersion won't be much affected. ;)
I am sure that these small changes won't destroy the great flavor of Tolkien's universe. 8-)
"A new power is rising!"

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:52 pm

I think that those indicaters will make mess. In total wars maps are bigger and batalions are allwas in formations. In bfme map is small, batalions are smaller and archers have big distence betwen them. I thing it will just distract from others things during fight.

Only my opinion.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 pm

sakkar wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:52 pm
I think that those indicaters will make mess. In total wars maps are bigger and batalions are allwas in formations. In bfme map is small, batalions are smaller and archers have big distence betwen them. I thing it will just distract from others things during fight.

Only my opinion.
Uhmmm... but, as we can see, in total war the ranged unis have a lot bigger range than the BFME ones. So also the indicators would be a lot smaller. And, if they would show up only whan a unit is selected,they wouldn't be a so big distraction. :)
"A new power is rising!"

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm

I think a sidebar would be great, where all the stats of a unit are displayed and when hovering over a value like range, it would be displayed. The same with vision.

Zagloba

Post by Zagloba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm
I think a sidebar would be great, where all the stats of a unit are displayed and when hovering over a value like range, it would be displayed. The same with vision.
Great idea! I hope that something like this will be implemented.
"A new power is rising!"

Archaon | Everchosen

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:32 am

Reforged is based on bfme2 1.09.
Not sure how I feel about this, on one hand, I think it is a good idea - however, on the other, I feel like it could get a bit bland and repetitive. I do hope there are new mechanics and features that will help prevent this. Taking some inspiration from Age of the Ring or Edain would be a good idea. Not to mention that it is almost impossible to balance high-tier power points. Whoever gets Balrog, or Army of the Dead first - pretty much wins. Or it will just become a power war.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:44 am

Archaon | Everchosen wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:32 am
I do hope there are new mechanics and features that will help prevent this.
For sure, the foundation will be bfme2 and for balance patch 1.09.

That foundation will be built upon and since the game has many new mechanics, some being more realistic unit collision (units collide and interact with each other and their surroundings) and realistic physics (units not stacking with others and etc). Also new spells, units, etc. Because of this I'm sure the balance will be unrecognizable from 1.09 once the (closed) beta balancing starts to have its effect.

When considering new units and such like this thread is about, you look at what is there at the starting point and how you can go from there to change certain things.
Forum Moderator

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 pm

In forum polls -> Gundabad Wargs I have written somethink about Goblins that is I think more suitable for this thread after all.

I think that many poeple want to see goblins remade to look same as they were in Hobbit films. Its theyrs opinion and I am no saying that its bad opinion. But I am against this idea. Mainly becouse of desing of orcs that was introduced in Hobbyt. As I have written in the other thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I just dont like those degenerated goblins from that goblic town. For me they dont look terrifing, dangerous, they look to much funny (not funny in good way, they look more like a parody). Its just my opinion.

Goblin town goblin:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lot ... 0202222256

I prefer more those moria goblins:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/lot ... 1205231610

Both pictures from: https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Goblins

Its just my preferation, in the end I will be sutisfied with anything :)"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I wrote I prefer orc desing from Lotr 1 from moria and I like goblins from BFME2.

If everyone want to see bmfe reforgeds goblins made after hobbit I want to see at least the orcs infantry from moria. It could work like: (also from different thread)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Maybe it could work like, the first unit purchased from barracks would be those goblins from goblin town, whose will be cheap, fast but weak. And then we would be abled to purchase goblins from moria in lvl2 barracks or from inns."
I like how dangerous, terryfaing and wild those goblins of moria look. I would prefer to see only them. But thats just my opinion.

What do you think about this?

(sorry for bad English)