100th post Community Tease

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

100th post Community Tease

Post by Solethria » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the discussion and suggestions you've made so far on this awesome forum! This is my 100th post and as a result I've arranged a little tease for you all.

Remember that new, unknown Isengard powerpoint spell the team has shown you guys earlier? I can now announce this spell is called A New Order.

That's not all, I can also announce that this spell will be revolutionary to those familiar with the BFME games, as it will be an active and passive spell simultaneously! Time to get speculating again? ^^

Spell icon:
ludovic-bourgeois-a-new-order-illustration.png
Awesome artwork by Ludovic Bourgeois
Forum Moderator

sakkar

Re: 100th post Community Tease

Post by sakkar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:06 pm

That sound great.

I think that it will passively increase number of command points (in movie I think when Saruman said it he have army of at least 10 000 warriors) or it will be boost for stats like hp or army production.

For active part I think that it will be summoning army (something like that one hero spell in bfme2 or something like army of death or what is it called).

Thank you for news (and sorry for my bad English).

echo

Post by echo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Well, I thought this spell was going to be a simple summoning one, but the "active and passive" abilities of it are baffling me. Not even going to guess at what it could be (probably be wrong anyway).
This spell is very intriguing (and the artwork is simply cool looking).

Sincerely,
Echo

Syso

Post by Syso » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Well, will it be some randomly showing up berserker from piece of units? Like u are fighting and once a time 1 unit changes into berserker from 1 of hordes(but no more then 1 bers per horde). Am i close? :D hmm but its not similar to this name... Maybe some rage which will activate when the horde is in low health or when running for enemies.
Or just like sakkar said.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Just having an additonal passive part doesn't sound that revolunary to me, that depends on what the passive component actually is.
But at least it makes the spell more complex as it will give it a short time and a long time component, which is something I really like.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 pm

I like the speculation I see so far. Just goes to show how such a concept opens up new fun interactions.
Lostir wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:39 pm
Just having an additonal passive part doesn't sound that revolunary to me, that depends on what the passive component actually is.
Unfortunately I'll have to remain that a secret :D. The concept of a combination in passive and active ability might not sound that revolutionizing to you in and of itself, but within the BFME franchise it's at least out of the box and a breath of fresh air.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Unfortunately I'll have to remain that a secret :D.
That's a shame.
Unfortunately I'll have to remain that a secret :D. The concept of a combination in passive and active ability might not sound that revolutionizing to you in and of itself, but within the BFME franchise it's at least out of the box and a breath of fresh air.
I have seen combined active and passive abilities quite a lot in mods, so while it might be completly new for the vanilla games inside the whole BfME community it doesn't seem that new to me. I have honestly seen a lot more complex and revolutionary things already. But of course that doesn't mean it is bad, and on the contrary it shows that the game is moving forward and is trying out new things which is really great.