Custom Hero Creation

Moderator: Solethria

tanmiester

Custom Hero Creation

Post by tanmiester » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:37 pm

I have my fingers crossed that at some point, there will be plans to explore many more options in the hero creation section. Creating a hero and watching them battle along side my favorite characters was one of the coolest parts of BFME for me. I really hope this gets some attention in the distent future. BFME rise of the witchking had a good system but I wanted many more options for weapons that changed the actual fighting style of that character. (ex. hammers do more building dammage, long swords hit multiple enemies, options for spears or ranged weapons, or option for no weapon to increase speed and scout the map.) I have many more ideas but im trying not to ramble.

I can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for the future!

Lostir

Re: Hero Creation

Post by Lostir » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:42 pm

I really loved the CaH Mode, but please if you ever include it make it more lorefriendly. Being able to spawn tornados as an elf, leading Theodens Glorious Charge (evn if it is named differently), or using Athelas, which only the king of Gondor should be able to. And the worst of them all is the Wizard class. Having only 5 Istari of which 3 are known and 2 are lost far in the east, being able to create your own wizard is just complete bullshit.

If you ever implement it, give us realistic heroes which make sense to be unheard of yet.

Oh and also, please make the CaHs really buggy again, because that was the most fun thing about them to glitsch and bug them around and create trolls shooting poisoned arrows from their armpits.

xXzombiestXx

Create a hero needs to be way deep in customization

Post by xXzombiestXx » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:47 am

Id love to see more abilities to choose from and more out fits maybe a ultimate for every character hero that they can use after filling a kill meeter.

Also on a side note is love different game modes. Maybe like league of legends style but mixed with rts. And heroes play a more important role. And you can control them as in depth like league.

Archaon | Everchosen

Re: Create a hero needs to be way deep in customization

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:57 am

Create a Hero needs to be one, if not the last thing on their priority. As well as your... other idea.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:19 pm

@xXzombiestXx Welcome to the forum. I've moved your topic and Archaon's reaction into this topic since it's similar.
Forum Moderator

xXzombiestXx

Post by xXzombiestXx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:13 am

Even if it is at the bottem of the list I hope to see some really good upgrades for playing the game and a level up system with ranking and stats.

Lorkal

Post by Lorkal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:22 pm

I would like very much to add many more characters and that in the characters you have different classes.
As for example: If you choose a captain of gondor you can choose between archer, guardian, warrior, athletic.

Jokuc

Post by Jokuc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Biggest problem with custom heroes was that they were op for the price. I don't think they should be a priority but if this feature is ever included the price should be changed depending on the skills you pick.
Try my latest BFME2 map: Tower Hills 1v1

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Jokuc wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:14 pm
Biggest problem with custom heroes was that they were op for the price. I don't think they should be a priority but if this feature is ever included the price should be changed depending on the skills you pick.
This was already the case right? The price was dependent on the skill you picked. Would be more of a balancing thing then.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:22 am

That was only the case in RotWk. In BfME 2 all heroes were equally priced.
Though the system had a couple of flaws too, as a hero with 0 abilities would cost 600, but would have far too strong stats for that. So at least stats should be included as well.

When we are already talking about stats, I would further look at them, as those were done pretty badly in the original game.

The five categories were (no accurancy for the actual names): Damage, Defense, Regeneration, Range and Vision, which didn't that much sense, as there were two primary fighting categories damage and defense, while the rest was more or less useless or overcomplicated. If you want to have a tank, you have to max two categories defense and regeneration, and if you want an archer, you have to max range and vision, while those two are hardly usefull for anything else.
I much more like what Edain did, they put the regeneration into the defense and combined range and vision, too. And for the two vacant places they added experience gain and recharge time, which are stats much better useable for all kinds of heroes.

But as it should be possible to add more categories in Reforged I'd like the following:
  • Attack Damage: obviously increases the normal attack damage from autoattacks
  • Ability Damage: the same but only for damage dealing abilities
  • Defense: increases the health and health regeneration
  • Experience: heroes gain faster experience and experience giving abilities are stronger too
  • Recharge Time: the reloadtime of abilites
  • Range: increases the attack and vision range as well as the range of active and passive abilities (which already have ranges)
I didn't include speed on purpose, as speed is an extremly powerful mechanic in BfME and it would far too difficult to balance in particular with the rest of the game. Having it locked behind active/passive/toggle abilities makes much more sense.
Also autoattack speed doesn't make much sense either, because (at least in the original game) there was only a certain amount attacks could be realistically sped up due to animations, so an autoattack speed buff would hardly make sense for most classes and for the rest it could still be a passive ability.