Ring boosted heroes instead of Galadriel or Sauron

Moderator: Solethria

MiikaL

Ring boosted heroes instead of Galadriel or Sauron

Post by MiikaL » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:28 pm

This Idea is inspired by the suggestion of creating Radagast. What I suggest is a totally new way of using the one ring. Purpose is to make it an powerful gain in the game with some possibilities of backfireing to the user.

I suggest a system that once the ring is being collected to the fortress. You may build a ring boosted hero instead of Galadriel or Sauron. But not any hero can wield the one ring with it's full potential and the bonuses it gives depend on the power tier of LOTR lore. In the coming example I open my idea with just the most potential ring users. Other rinf heroes would also be possible but with more minor boost like increased health and ability come in invisible for some time. For example:

Men
Gandalf: As a maia he's power would greatly increase as a ring user
Aragorn: He would have been very dangerous ring wielder because of his heritage and immense courage

Elves
Elrond and Glorfindel would most likely to be the most terrifying ring users

Dwarfs
I'm not sure if any Dwarf could have wielded the one with terrifying outcomes. But it is known that rings had a effect on dwarfs unlike the others and made them greedy. As a ring wielder King Dain would increase the amount of collected resources and cheaper upgrades for his army.

Isengard
We all know that Saruman desired the one ring and he would have been powerful ring user. Due to Sarumans desire for the one ring, no other hero of Isengard could keep the ring.

Goblins
Goblins are perhaps the most difficult to come up with. Just like some of the heroes of goblins don't have anything to do with them. But goblins of Moria worshipped balrog and balrog being originally a Maiar spirit of fire, it could possibly be a terrifying ring wielder.

Mordor
I saved Mordor for last because we all know that the rings greatest desire is get back to it's master. But Sauron rarely joined the battles and instead ruled from his fortress Barad-Dur. The rings power with Mordor would boost the health and damage of the units. It also would make the Nazgul more terrible. Powers of Gandalf and Elrond would diminish since they would have to take the elven rings off from their fingers. I also would suggest that Sauron could come out of the fortress if it is in danger (getting damage) but he would not join attack.

So here is my idea of making completely new purpose for the ring. The idea is to make it more interesting and more balanced because Galadriel and Sauron were pretty boring actually and generally not worth it because they are super slow and cost a ton of money. I also find it wery illogical that Galadriel would jump out of Dwarven fortress.

I also would include the risk of ring betraying it's master, maybe even with RNG. Like ring hero Aragorn fighting against dwarf hero would have really small possibility of betrayal and fighting against Nazgul would most possibly lead to a betrayal. The betrayal could for example to turn the hero back to it's original form and also lock all the special abilities.

So tell me what do you think, I didn't think any ring hero abilities because balancing them would take alot of time. Please tell me if I missed some potential ring user and if this system would make any sense at all. I believe this could give much more flexibility and options with the ring.

Lastly I would like to thank the team behind this all. I'm very excited to see what you people come up with!
Last edited by MiikaL on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Re: Heroes of the Ring

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Interesting suggestion. Saddly it's almost the same like in Edain Mod. The only diffrence is that you give Ring not to fortress but to choosen hero.

About heros which should use ring ideas are not bad but I have little diffrent offer:

Men:
1. Gandalf
2. Borromir
3. Denethor (only if he will be in game)
4. Theoden (if Rohan will not be splited form Gondor. If will be I would like join Theodred to this list)
(Aragorn no, becouse as it was shown in book and movies he was able to resist power of One Ring and form me it's little hard to imagine what corruption could do to him)

Elvs:
1. Galadriel
2. Elrond
(Glorfindel was nice idea but.... in book he was really powerful. I mean: even Nazguls were running away before him. SO it's hard to say what affection Ring would have at him.)

Dwarfs:
1. King Dain
2. Thorin (only if he will be in game)

Isengard:
1. Saruman
2. Grima (I had interesting ideas for his skills and Ring hero skills)

Goblins:
1. Smaug
2. Azog (only if he will be in game)
3. Great Goblin (only if he will be in game)

Mordor:
1. Sauron

Archaon | Everchosen

Re: Ring boosted heroes instead of Galadriel or Sauron

Post by Archaon | Everchosen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:22 am

I also would suggest that Sauron could come out of the fortress if it is in danger (getting damage) but he would not join attack
That is boring, people want to play as Sauron. They want him to decimate armies. It's a power fantasy.
"I am the Final Moment made flesh. I stand here on this mountain, and I will sit on this throne. I will be the axis upon which the wheel of change turns, and the world will drown in the light of unborn stars."

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Yes, even if it isn't that lore accurate, Sauron is the ultimate fantasy of an extremly strong melee fighter.
Also, I think every ring hero should fullfill a different fantasy. And in particular if a faction has more than one ringhero, those ring heroes should fullfill completly different and opposite fantasies.

losgar

Post by losgar » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:54 pm

if we think there is saurons will on these creatures we cannot apply ring to evil heroes

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 pm

There are nonetheless possibilities possible. Saruman for example had enough free will to take the ring for himself. Also there are quite some powerful beings who were not under Saurons control. For example Shelob, Smaug or the Balrog.

And even if a being under Saurons influence gets the ring it can have a lot of different consequences. If a goblin from the Misty Mountains send the Ring to Sauron, he would never come there himself, because he has more important battles. Instead he would send them troops or a mighty hero.
Or depending on who gave Sauron the ring the one gains a lot of Saurons favor and mightier abilities.