Nazguls

Moderator: Solethria

Men of the East

Re: Nazguls

Post by Men of the East » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Tolkien was really unique, but I think this is only the effect of authority. I heard about that Tolkien have idea to give that universum to people (fans) and these people were to extend this univrese. Personally I'm still waiting for someone who writes novel about fall of Arnor or some novel form Kingodm of Rhovanion :D But this is off topic. In my earlier post I upload pictures of Nazguls that I was talking about.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Men of the East wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 pm
Tolkien was really unique, but I think this is only the effect of authority. I heard about that Tolkien have idea to give that universum to people (fans) and these people were to extend this univrese. Personally I'm still waiting for someone who writes novel about fall of Arnor or some novel form Kingodm of Rhovanion :D But this is off topic. In my earlier post I upload pictures of Nazguls that I was talking about.
Maybe he was. But his posterity not really. I mean, Tolkien Estait (with full respect for them) is really jealous about LOTR stuff. Example: when ony guy in England open inn called "Hobbit" Tolkien Estait has sued him, and he had to pay big mony to them and close inn.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Yup the Tolkien Estate has reached a peak point of $$$$$, getting them big monies with that 250m rights contract for a lotr series on Amazon. Who gets a company to pay 250m, while restricting them heavily on just about everything mentioned in the contract? :lol:

About the nazguls, i think 9 individual heroes is way too much. It always means you would have to make them weak individually and that makes them almost impossible to micro as well... I think it would be cool if you would be able to create a hero unit like rotwk, but then by buying each individual hero, which you can add by sending the main unit back to base. So you need to combine all nazguls that you buy into 1 hero unit.
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:04 am

Completly agree that 9 independent heroes are too much.
But I'm not really digging the concept of such a large Nazgul Horde, because it doesnt seem that special or powerful to combine interesting single heroes into a generic horde. Also with Horde sizes being massively smaller, having a horde of 9 heroes would be pretty large, wouldnt it?

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:09 am

Lostir wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:04 am
Completly agree that 9 independent heroes are too much.
But I'm not really digging the concept of such a large Nazgul Horde, because it doesnt seem that special or powerful to combine interesting single heroes into a generic horde. Also with Horde sizes being massively smaller, having a horde of 9 heroes would be pretty large, wouldnt it?
I agree. Nazgul horde created with 9 of them is too much. I propse horde created with 7 of them and 2 intependent: Whitch King and Khamul.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:33 am

Yes i can see that being to much, on the other hand if each independent nazgul will cost around 1100 - 1500, a horde of 9 would cost between 9900 and 13500. So it is not that cheap to achieve (a horde of 5 costs 3000 in ROTWK). So i think it could be achieved and balanced actually.

A horde of 7 would maybe make more sense yes, considering Witchking and maybe Khamul on fellbeast. Still like the idea of combining the other ones rather than buy one horde of five.
Forum Moderator

Men of the East

Post by Men of the East » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:03 pm

Well, I still think 9 separate Nazguls can be done. You do not need all of them in one battle. For the sake of clarity, I would have separated them from the rest heroes like Gothmog or Mouth of Sauron and recruit them after clicking separate Icon where would have been all icons with 9 Nazguls. (I talking about recruitng form fortress, sorry for my bad english). Personally I rarely had more than two Nazguls in one battle in BFME II and if somane realy want to have all of them in one battle, with 9 Nazguls there is always possibility to build hero army.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Men of the East wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:03 pm
Personally I rarely had more than two Nazguls in one battle in BFME II and if somane realy want to have all of them in one battle, with 9 Nazguls there is always possibility to build hero army.
Yeah but what you're saying is actually the reason something like that won't happen. 'I rarely had more than two' = they don't have the right place within the game, they don't add anything to the faction other than nostalgia (when you make them separate).
Forum Moderator

Men of the East

Post by Men of the East » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:23 pm

Well, I don't want do be stubborn in that case, but I was thinking about that 9 separate Nazgul add more replayability to faction because you will be force to choose only one or two in one battle. I know rules for Nazguls form ME:SBG and that rules support difrent tacticts, strategy and units. I think mechanics of these abilities can be transfer to the game quite easly (most of them). But I understand your view- too complicated, too much work and so on.

echo

Post by echo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:31 pm

I dare wonder if you should do away with the Nazgul (riding their fellbeast) as a hero unit, and make it a unit that is summoned as a max power in the Mordor fortress (as I have said before, the max power for the BFME2 fortress where way overused).
You might want to keep the Witch-King as a hero, but have the generic Nazgul riding fellbeast's just be a power for the fortress like "Messenger of the Dark Tower".

Since Mordor has such rich lore, we don't really need more generic heroes that all do the same thing, so it would be nice to find a place for the Nazgul without flooding the hero inventory with the same hero 9 (or 3) times.

Just a thought,
Echo