Nazguls

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Nazguls

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Hello. I wanted ask: what will be with Nazguls in BFME Reforged. I mean: In oryginal game, we had that almost every Nazgul was an hero. Most of them had the same skills and the weren't a game changer. In Edain Mod we had 4 Nazguls as a heros and 5 nazguls as a hero unit. It's interesting but 2 hero nazguls had strange nazmes and their skills.... In short way: for me it was trying to make them as strong and important as Khamul or Whitch-King. And it wasn't good.

I propose that in BFME should be something like this: 2 Nazguls (Khamul and Whitch-King) should be as heros and last 7 Nazguls as one big hero unit. What do you think and what are yours idea?

Lostir

Re: Nazguls

Post by Lostir » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm

Didnt we have only Witchking + 2 generic Nazgul in the original game? And the Nazgul Horde added in RotWk? So, your main change is to remove the single Nazgul, which was named Morgramir in RotWk and put him into the Nazgul Horde?

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Lostir wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Didnt we have only Witchking + 2 generic Nazgul in the original game? And the Nazgul Horde added in RotWk? So, your main change is to remove the single Nazgul, which was named Morgramir in RotWk and put him into the Nazgul Horde?
In fact: yes. Sorry. I wasn't playing this game so long that I'm forgotting details

Men of the East

Post by Men of the East » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 am

Maybe good idea is to make named Nazgûls form Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game like Knight of Umbar or Dwimmerlaik.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Men of the East wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 am
Maybe good idea is to make named Nazgûls form Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game like Knight of Umbar or Dwimmerlaik.
I don't know. I mean: I was thinking about BFME Reforged should be as close to the book and movie as it's possible, and I don't see sens to do 4 "named Nazguls" and one group of 5 Nazuguls as hero unit.
But your idea is still interesting

Men of the East

Post by Men of the East » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Nazgûls from ME:SBG are very fitting with the Tolkien lore. They acctualy don't have even true names or crazy stories like in Shadow of Mordor. They are distinctive form each another beacuse each one comes from various places form Middle-Earth (three of them are numenoreans just like in the books). Actually I was thinking about doing all 9 Nazgûls not only four of them, but I understand it is easier to throw some ideas than doing it. I will send some pictures of these models for reference
Attachments
lotr_tainted.jpg
The Tainted
download.jpg
Knight of Umbar
download.jpg (8.64 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
99801464017_KhamultheEasterlingRingwraithNEW01.jpg
Khamul The Easterling
20091026gw6.jpg
The Betreyer
Last edited by Men of the East on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Men of the East wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 pm
Nazgûls from ME:SBG are very fitting with the Tolkien lore. They acctualy don't have even true names or crazy stories like in Shadow of Mordor. They are distinctive form each another beacuse each one comes from various places form Middle-Earth (three of them are numenoreans just like in the books). Actually I was thinking about doing all 9 Nazgûls not only four of them, but I understand it is easier to throw some ideas than doing it.
I see. Hmmm this idea sounds good too. In fact I never played ME:SBG, but doing all Nine as alone heros sounds pretty interesting.

And I agree that storys of Nazguls at SoW sucks. I mean, they were really interesting but they really could use really unknown characters. Not this one which almost every LOTR fan will recognize.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Men of the East wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:07 pm
Nazgûls from ME:SBG are very fitting with the Tolkien lore. They acctualy don't have even true names or crazy stories like in Shadow of Mordor. They are distinctive form each another beacuse each one comes from various places form Middle-Earth (three of them are numenoreans just like in the books). Actually I was thinking about doing all 9 Nazgûls not only four of them, but I understand it is easier to throw some ideas than doing it. I will send some pictures of these models for reference
Can you send me all list of them?

Men of the East

Post by Men of the East » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Yeah, I also hate Shadow of Mordor story like any true fan of Tolkien books xD, but I don't understand puritanistic approach of 99% of Tokiens fans to adding anything to that universe even if it is well fitting with rest.
Last edited by Men of the East on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Men of the East wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm
Yeah, I also hate Shadow of Mordor story like any true fan of Tolkien books xD, but I don't understand puritanistic approach of 99% of Tokiens fans to adding anything to that universe even if it is well fitting with rest.
I can understand that. You see: i live between really crazy fans of LOTR and other Tolkien books and they really beleve that only things put by Tolkien are true and oryginal.