Multiplayer Scenerios

Moderator: Solethria

echo

Multiplayer Scenerios

Post by echo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 am

I have always loved to try and defend a place like Mines Tirith or Helms Deep against a whole lot of AI's set at the highest difficult (and sometimes with me having a large handy cap). But in the old BFME's (and RotWK) that got old fast, because the AI's just simply where not smart enough to figure out how to avoid bottle necks and other things like that (anyone who has played the Helms Deep map against a AI knows what I am talking about). Anyway, all of that to say that I love siege like scenarios (and just any scenario for that matter), and would think it super cool if it was a game option to do a "Scenario Mode" in the multiplayer...
Where one possible scenario is that a person is defending a fortification (like Helms Deep, a revamped Isengard, or Mines Tirith) and they have to defend against 2 or 3 other people who are trying to destroy the place and capture the keep. It would take some work to make it fair of how many resources are given to the defender, and how long the timer should be. You could even run with it and make some scenarios of the siege on Mines Tirith, the siege and battle at Helms Deep, battle at Lorien, or even more speculative battles in places like Dale and Erebor during the War of the Ring. You could have Gandalf come to the aid the defenders at Helms Deep after so much time, or have the cavalry of Rohan sweep down and attack the besieging orcs at Mines Tirith after a little bit (and after longer have Aragorn come with his army of the outlying people of Gondor).
My general idea for the scenarios is to be like those in BFME 2 (in the campaign), just be more standalone like.

In short, I would love to see some sort of scenarios that would fill part of the void of not having a campaign any time soon (and honestly, multiplayer campaign can be super impractical). I think it would be really fun to live or redefine some of the iconic parts during The War of the Ring time period in multiplayer (whether it be a siege like scenario, or just any fun/iconic battle).

I believe this idea is either genius, impossible, or just simply horrible.... So please give your feedback so we can figure out which it is (I myself can't make up my mind one way or the other :P )

Sincerely,
Echo

Syso

Re: Multiplayer Scenerios

Post by Syso » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 am

Another nice idea. We should better involve army of programmers so we can do all of this :D
Even i would help but my programming is at early stage. #java
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Zagloba

Re: Multiplayer Scenerios

Post by Zagloba » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Great idea! i would love to see more new game modes in BFME. That would make it even better and more interesting.
"A new power is rising!"