Mouth of Sauron

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Mouth of Sauron

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:57 pm

Hello. After some good opinions about my ideas for Radagast skills, I decited to try to make skills for Mouth of Sauron. I was thinking about him as a unit and hero interferer with bigger chances to surrvive normal fight.
The same as about Radagast: read and write what do you think. Thank you.

1. Level 1- Sauron's Voice: Mouth of Sauron is one of the closest servants of the Dark Lord. He send him as a emissary to the other kings and rulers of Middle Earth to spy them, weak their power, gahter us much informations us it's possible, and try to convince them to join forces with Sauron. Thanks his status of the envoy he can't be harm. Mouth of Sauron have 25% chance to get invulnerable for 30 secounds, if his hp is lower then 10% (passive ability).

2. Level 1- Mount/Dismount: Mouth of Sauron mounts or dismounts his dark horse.

3. Level 3- Contempt: Mouth of Sauron, thanks of his skills and Mordor magic, he can force his opponents to beleve that they are worst then him or Sauron. Even the strongest and powerful rulers and hereos can start thinking like that. Every enemy unit and here ot choosen area will loose -50% of armour and -25% of attack power, and the loose all buffs.

4. Level 6- "Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host": Mouth of Sauron can convince his opponents that they all hope is dead and they can only surrender to Sauron. Enemy units and hereos at the choosen area will be not able to fight, move or use skills by next 30 secounds.

5. Level 10- Discord: Mouth of Sauron thanks of his skills, his dar aura and power of Mordor, can force his opponents to start argue. All enemy units at choosen area will start fighting each other. They will do this until everyone will be dead

Lostir

Re: Mouth of Sauron

Post by Lostir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Thanks his status of the envoy he can't be harm.
Nice one :lol:
Mouth of Sauron have 25% chance to get invulnerable for 30 secounds, if his hp is lower then 10% (passive ability).
How exactly are you imaging this? Everytime his HP trop beneath 10%, he has a 25% chance to get invulnerable? Or at every attack he suffers while being beneath 10% hp? And shouldn't there be a cooldown on it?
4. Level 6- "Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host": Mouth of Sauron can convince his opponents that they all hope is dead and they can only surrender to Sauron. Enemy units and hereos at the choosen area will be not able to fight, move or use skills by next 30 secounds.
Removing the ability to move, fight and use skills for 30 seconds is far too much. That would be worthy of a 25pt spell in the spellbook and not a normal hero. 1 of the 3 might be enough, if the cooldown against heroes is reduced to half of it.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Lostir wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm
Thanks his status of the envoy he can't be harm.
Nice one :lol:
Mouth of Sauron have 25% chance to get invulnerable for 30 secounds, if his hp is lower then 10% (passive ability).
How exactly are you imaging this? Everytime his HP trop beneath 10%, he has a 25% chance to get invulnerable? Or at every attack he suffers while being beneath 10% hp? And shouldn't there be a cooldown on it?
Removing the ability to move, fight and use skills for 30 seconds is far too much. That would be worthy of a 25pt spell in the spellbook and not a normal hero. 1 of the 3 might be enough, if the cooldown against heroes is reduced to half of it.
1. Yeah, I know :D

2. First option.

3. Right. So maybe not for 30 secound but for 15 and they will be able to move but they can't use skills and can't fight?

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:44 pm

3. Yes, sounds fair enough.

echo

Post by echo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 am

Thought that all of his abilities where great, but one thing that I was concerned about is just making sure that the Mouth of Sauron is not too close to Wormtongue in his abilities.... Even though they both had similar roles in the books (more or less), it would be nice to add in one of the coolest things about the mouth of Sauron. It was mentioned in the book that he was a magician, and that the Dark Lord had long trained him and others in the black arts, thus giving him some very unique traits. You could have one of his powers be something like "Call of the Grave" and have him summon a wight (tho not sure if you would want to bring that unit back from RotWK)... Another idea is to have a ability called "Mutation" and have him transform a unit of enemy troops into some kind of orcs.
Anyway, really like your ability ideas, just think that we should make sure for game play sake that this hero isn't to similar to Wormtongue.

Sincerely,
Echo

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:07 am

"Mutation" doesn't really fit the way I'm imaging the way magic works in Middle-Earth for the Mouth of Sauron. Necromancy would be a bit better, but still not an ability that someone as the Mouth of Sauron should have.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 pm

echo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 am
Thought that all of his abilities where great, but one thing that I was concerned about is just making sure that the Mouth of Sauron is not too close to Wormtongue in his abilities.... Even though they both had similar roles in the books (more or less), it would be nice to add in one of the coolest things about the mouth of Sauron. It was mentioned in the book that he was a magician, and that the Dark Lord had long trained him and others in the black arts, thus giving him some very unique traits. You could have one of his powers be something like "Call of the Grave" and have him summon a wight (tho not sure if you would want to bring that unit back from RotWK)... Another idea is to have a ability called "Mutation" and have him transform a unit of enemy troops into some kind of orcs.
Anyway, really like your ability ideas, just think that we should make sure for game play sake that this hero isn't to similar to Wormtongue.

Sincerely,
Echo
About Wormtongue.... I don't know what abilitys will he have so I hope so that my ideas for Mouth of Sauron will not be the same.
Secound thing: I know about his magical skill. I just put them in the form of his 'speaking" skills. You must remember that magic in ME was working little diffrent way then we see in movies or other books.

Oloringrey

Post by Oloringrey » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:46 pm

skills #1, 2 & 3 are good (in #3 better to reduce armor by 25 % not 50%). #4 & 5 skills are OP. he was known to be able to use dark magic but he was not that powerful