Radagast

Moderator: Solethria

WerewolfMoonHunter

Radagast

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Hello.

At frist I wanted say that I'm big fan of this project and I hope so that I will be able to play this game. At least BFME is game of my childhood.
Secound thing: When I'm bored I sometimes think about new heros and options to game. Last days I even had idea for Radagast in this game. If it isn't a problem I would like to share with my idea here. Just read it and write in coments what do you think.

Radagast:

Level 1: Nature's Caretaker- Radagast was send to Middleearth as Istari who should take care about nature. Thanks that is almost become one with it. Radagast will be invisible when he isn't moving and, and when he will move near trees. (Passive ability)

Level 1: Radagast's Spies- Radagast, thanks his power he made that many animals are his allies and friends. He can summon a flock of birds which will reveal the map and make enemy loose -30% of armour when they are close to them. (something like Crebains in Isengard in oryginal game).

Level 3: Wizard Blast - Close range attack that blasts back enemies.

Level 5: Blessing of Yavanna- Radagast thanks of his spells can create a Magick Wood. Every ally which will stand in it will retake hp double time faster and will be invisible for enemys.

Leve10: Friend of the Eagels- Ragadast, thanks of his power and role in Middleearth, was able to make strong friendship with eagles. He can summon two ally eagles for 3 minutes.

Radagast: Hero of the One Ring

Radagast, when he get the Ring he starts understanding that he wasn't doing his job in correct way. Despite his actions many trees and animals is badly suffering from the hand of orcs and other races. And enemy in Mordor is growing stronger every day. Thats why he decited to use One Ring. To repair this mistakes.

Level 1- Guardian of Nature: Radagast, under Ring influence starts understanding that he must defend nature. Nor only from orcs and Sauron, but even from elevs, dwarfs or men. ALL units and heros near Radagast will suffer smal dmg when they stand near him, and they will loose 15% of speed, armour, and attack strength. ( passive ability)

Level 1- Radagast's Spies: Radagast, thanks his power he made that many animals are his allies and friends. He can summon a flock of birds which will reveal the map and make enemy loose -30% of armour when they are close to them.

Level 3- Secrets of nature: Radagast, thanks One Ring can force nature to reveal him her secrets. For 3 minutes he will take +100% for sight range, +100% to getting expirence, and +50% for attack strength and armour, but he loose -50% to moving speed.

Level 5- Might of Mirkwood: Radagast, when he saw what Shadow near Dol Guldur can do, he understand that nature can defend herself. Thanks his skills, power of One Ring and black magic, he can create a Cursed Forest. Every unit which will stand in it will suffer medium dmg and will loose -50% for moving speed. And they will be not able to get any expirence.

Level 10- Forest Shepherds: Radagast, thanks One Ring can force nature to obey him. Thanks that he is able to summon 3 ents as allies.

Thats all. Write what you think in comments. And sorry for my english. I'm better at speaking then at writting. ;)

Lostir

Re: Radagast

Post by Lostir » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

His basic ability set is ok, but not really that interesting. But I absolutly like your suggestions for his ring from. Much more interesting abilities which really represent the idea of him being a ring hero, who lets nature fight back.

Nonetheless, I don't think that he should be a buildable hero. Elves where he fits best in have already enough heroes and there are other like Celeborn who deserve a place themselves. Also with Galadriel and Elrond there are already two heroes fitting for the position of a ring hero, 3 might be too much.

I'd see Radagast much more as a spellbook summon like in Edain, where the player can decide to summon him either on foot/eagle/sledge with different abilities.

echo

Post by echo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm

I think your idea for Radagast's abilities where pretty good, but I would think that it would be nice for his one ring abilities to be a bit more powerful (did like your idea of him doing dmg to both friend and enemy units that are nearby, gives him a sense of being corrupted by the one ring).

I do agree with Lostir in that it might be hard to find room in the elves hero list to add Radagast, so here are two thoughts:
1. Have Radagast be a hero that you can spawn in a spellbook (like Lostir suggested), but you could actually spawn him with Gandalf and the other two Blue Wizards and have it be a spell that costs 25 spell points. This would be kind of cool in my opinion because then you could spawn all of the good wizards in one place at one time! (of course like every spell, you would have to make sure they aren't too powerful)

2. Have it so that whenever you get the one ring of power, that you can choose one hero from two or three special heroes (some that maybe you couldn't recruit otherwise?) to wield the one ring, but unlike BFME 2 it would give you a hero for just that faction (like Radagast, Elrond, and Galadriel for elves... Gandalf, Aragorn, and Denethor for men, so forth). This would be a pain and have some problems with making it work right perhaps, but would so let you customize your play style that I would be really pumped to have it (so that each special hero has there own special one ring abilities).

Anyway, thought your Radagast abilities idea was great, and just thought I would through out some of my own thoughts on how to implement it.

Sincerely,
Echo

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:39 pm

1. I dont really like the idea of having a spell that consists only of multiple damage-spell heavy heroes, as the result will be that the player will just throw away all their abilities to get maximum output as soon as possible, but has to do multiple clicks. An army of the dead does basically the same but is a lot smother and better to play. If there are multiple heroes there abilities shouldnt be instant damage ones and the actual use of them should be quite important.

2. I think since Edain introduced faction specific ring heroes it has been used in basically every BfME mod afterwards created, so I would be surprised if it isnt included here too.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm

1. @Lostir @echo- thanks for comments and opinion. Really. I was afarid that in the best option my idea will be ignored.
2. I was thinking about puting Radagast as a hero for every Good fraction in game. He would be to buy in Inn.
3. About other Istaris, I'm starting to planning Blue Wizards but one question: do your prfer them as Ring Heros or not.
4. I was thinking how to make Radagast skills stronger, and I have only one idea but I'm still working at it.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm

2. More inn heroes seem a solid idea. They dont have to be competetive but just there for fun.
3. I dont like the Blue Wizards as ring heroes as they seem to be too minor characters. But Gandalf and Saruman both deserve to be ring heroes in my opinion.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:19 pm

@Lostir

2. Yeah. :D
3.I see. I was even thinking about skills for Pallando as Ring Hero but I didn't had any good ideas so I think I will do just normal versions of them

Logosarche

Post by Logosarche » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi,
it all looks very interesting :D but I am not sure that giving Radagast one ring abilities would be relevant. I mean that during the lord of the ring and even before, he was not really involved in the fightings but more on protecting.
And what do you think about adding to Radagast the ability to ride an eagle? It could compete with the Nazgul and there is no good heroe that can fly, if I remember well.

WerewolfMoonHunter

Post by WerewolfMoonHunter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Logosarche wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:25 pm
Hi,
it all looks very interesting :D but I am not sure that giving Radagast one ring abilities would be relevant. I mean that during the lord of the ring and even before, he was not really involved in the fightings but more on protecting.
And what do you think about adding to Radagast the ability to ride an eagle? It could compete with the Nazgul and there is no good heroe that can fly, if I remember well.
Hey. At first thanks for opinion. I appreciate it. Secound thing: when I was creating skills for Radagast with One Ring I was thinking something about like in Edain Mod. I mean the Ring corruption change the character and skills so I wanted make him more... agressive.
Third thing: This eagle stuff... I saw it at Edain mod, and how to say... it's interesting but I think it could make him little to strong.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Radagast was one of the best and worst ring heroes that was ever included in Edain.

I think the eagle stuff completly depends on how flying units will be balanced in the game