Hero abilities

Moderator: Solethria

C-art

Re: Hero abilities

Post by C-art » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Hey! What is about create animation for Toggle Mounted instead strange blowing: Hero summon horse/beast and mount it; And animation for dismounting?

Weissburg

Post by Weissburg » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi guys,
I have ideas about Pippin and Merry.
You can add Pippin a skill for turning into a tower guard. His skin could change (same with tower guards except spear, he should still use his sword) and take armor and damage bonuses.
Merry could mount to Eowyn's horse and they both gain bonuses. This way you can make these 3 useless heroes interesting. And this changes completely harmonious with books and films 8-)

C-art

Post by C-art » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:34 am

Hey! What do you think about black dart for Witch-King on Fell Beast? From the book: “'To me! To me!' cried Theoden. 'Up Eorlingas! Fear no darkness!' But Snowmane wild with terror stood up on high, fighting with the air, and then with a great scream he crashed upon his side: a black dart(!) had pierced him. The king fell beneath him.”

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:20 pm

C-art wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:34 am
Hey! What do you think about black dart for Witch-King on Fell Beast? From the book: “'To me! To me!' cried Theoden. 'Up Eorlingas! Fear no darkness!' But Snowmane wild with terror stood up on high, fighting with the air, and then with a great scream he crashed upon his side: a black dart(!) had pierced him. The king fell beneath him.”
Morgul darts would be nice for another nazgul, all of them having morgul blades make them generic

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am

Ranged abilities for flying units is a rather bad idea in my opinion.
Throughout different iterations of flying units I have seen in the base game and mods, their main counter was always ranged units/abilities, as well as the crush revenge damage. Giving them a ranged ability would circumvent both their counters.

BlackDouglasOK

Post by BlackDouglasOK » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:15 am

Lostir wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am
Ranged abilities for flying units is a rather bad idea in my opinion.
Throughout different iterations of flying units I have seen in the base game and mods, their main counter was always ranged units/abilities, as well as the crush revenge damage. Giving them a ranged ability would circumvent both their counters.
Well I mean a horseman nazgul, like the Angmar Witch King, or a dismounted nazgul, or just maybe another ground evil hero, Im pretty sure that Bolg is gonna have Morgul arrow skill.

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:05 am

For a non flying Nazgul it should be ok. I only have a problem with flying units.
Having some kind of ranged ability easily accesssible for every faction might even be a good idea.
And it would make the Nazgul less generic as you said.