Wanted: Forum section feedback!

Ask BFME: Reforged a question here or via email.

Moderator: Solethria

Solethria

Wanted: Forum section feedback!

Post by Solethria » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Hey folks,

I've been thinking of ways to diversify the forum since I feel it no longer facilitates all the topics well in just one general section. Some have already shared this opinion which I thank you guys for. We are approaching 500 members so time to re-evaluate.

I've been looking at other forums but since the game is still in development, I'm not yet settled on a final design. You guys are very creative in sharing ideas even though many things are still uncertain which is in my opinion a great thing and just what forums are for. That's why I would love to hear what you guys think. You spend your valuable time here so your opinion is key!

There is the option of splitting the general section in
  • General
  • Question
  • Suggestion
But I feel like at the moment questions and suggestions go often hand in hand. Also, if there are other things that might need improvement please let me know. Lostir for example has let me know that he would love to see a guideline for suggestions. I plan to discuss if such a thing is even possible to achieve soon. Since I try to avoid taking time away from the developers as much as possible I would love to hear some feedback beforehand!
Forum Moderator

Syso

Re: Wanted: Forum section feedback!

Post by Syso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:23 am

Society
  • general discussion (news, questions to team, etc.)
  • heroes (because its alot to talk about them)
  • units/buildings/abilities/spells etc.
  • single player (about skirmishes with AI and campaign)
  • multiplayer (everything which correlate with online gaming)
  • production output (videos, screenshots, music and concept art)
  • polls
  • tavern (where u can just chill and talk about everything)
Support the team
  • by your work
  • by donate
Beta-testing (it will probably be deleted by the end of beta testing or when it wont be usefull more)
  • opinions (about actual game experience)
  • bugs
  • improvements
Its detailed because now the purpose of this forum should be to focus on making our great reforged version of bfme so for me as a user that sort of pages would be clear and usefull. After the release it can be modified to the shorter version.
Be noble! Let wicked fear your gaze!

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback, if people like it I'm all for creating a welcome section for people to introduce themselves. And then indeed call it something like 'Bree Tavern' or 'The Green Dragon' would be neat.

I'm not so sure about the multiplayer/singleplayer part since for now Reforged is focused on multiplayer. For the future, yes maybe.

Sections (or even topics, really) like heroes, units (maybe faction specific) etc. is something I'm going to have to discuss relevance-wise with the devteam to make sure we aren't posting with no purpose. Will take that into account, thanks.
Forum Moderator

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:56 pm

Guys I'm probably closing this topic at the end of this week to finalize an idea. So if you have anything to share now is your chance!

Currently this is the concept I'm thinking of:

Community
- General & Questions (General, yet BFME: Reforged related topics and questions)
- The Green Dragon (Welcome section/introduce yourself. What brought u here? What is your favorite faction? Something like that)
- Concepts & Ideas (Share concepts and ideas for the game. If possible keep this as one section and add predefined tags to this subforum instead of creating multiple subforums, like [HERO] / [FACTION] / [UNIT] / [BUILDING] / [UI] / [OTHER]. Concepts can contain multiple of those so tags would in my opinion fit best.)

News and Plans
(Contains all available information and news about the game’s progress)

Reforged Polls
(Help the team make Reforged better, express your opinions)

Assembling a Team

BFME: Reforged Vault
-Screenshots
-Concept Art
-Video

Forum Feedback

Support the Project
Forum Moderator

Lostir

Post by Lostir » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Tags sound good to me.

MrGreen

Post by MrGreen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:13 pm

I really like the shown division, but where do the previous topics go?

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:23 pm

MrGreen wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:13 pm
I really like the shown division, but where do the previous topics go?
I will (have to) move them manually and if tags is going to be possible also add those to existing topics. It's going to take me some time but oh well. As long as it's a good step forward I don't mind.
Forum Moderator

MrGreen

Post by MrGreen » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:28 pm

Okay, thanks for taking so much trouble :o

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Maybe if it was possible It could be interresting to see chat in which could only moderators and reforget team speak so we could see what is going on. You could there in future put patch notes. Its all abaut that we will see on what are they working at the moment and on what can we react "at beer in The Green dragon".

If you like this idea and decide to make this section, I am for calling this section "The White Council" or "Council of the Wise".

Idea for this section come to me becouse at the moment we know as much as Jon Snow know (basicly nothing) (also different univers). I can only see some shrads of theyer work from concepts, screenshot, news... I just want to see what is going on, where are struggles (I hope there are no strugles).

BTW thank you for your amazing work on this forum. I hope that new forum will satisfied us and mainly it will satisfied you.

(sorry for my bad english. I hope that it is possible to read)

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:54 pm

sakkar wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:24 pm
Idea for this section come to me becouse at the moment we know as much as Jon Snow know (basicly nothing) (also different univers). I can only see some shrads of theyer work from concepts, screenshot, news... I just want to see what is going on, where are struggles (I hope there are no strugles).
Thanks for your suggestions and I get where it is coming from. internally obviously these kinds of conversations happen. I don't think it is in the best interest of the project to share every detail that is going on though. When the team has specific struggles/design choices, they for example release a Forum poll. If there is big/relevant news, there is the news section. If there is new content, there is the BFME: Reforged vault.

I get that it might seem as if the news section is rather empty and the Vault more active, but the team thus far has chosen to only release ground breaking news or smaller news in bundle via the Q&A video's (which we will update the FAQ topic with).

Right now we just have to sit tight for a new chapter of news, which is gameplay.
Forum Moderator