Explosions Realism

Ask BFME: Reforged a question here or via email.

Moderator: Solethria

echo

Explosions Realism

Post by echo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:53 am

First off, wanted to say how hyped I am about having BFME being reforged by such a dedicated and skillful team and in such a great engine :D .

Everything visually in BFME: Reforged looks simply stunning in my opinion, except for one thing (at least for me).
I don't know if the video you showed us on the explosions of the beacons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6e5SEVwmY) was the final product or not, but at least to my eye the explosion makes the pieces of stone flying off look much lighter weight then they should be. My mind fancies that they are made out of cardboard or something similar, and not stone. This easily could be just me, but it seems like whenever the chunks of rocks hit and bounce around on the ground that it looks like they just aren't all that heavy.

Hope that you consider the level of your gravity and bouncing collisions and the speed there of. Please let me know if it is just my mind playing tricks on me or I am just looking at it too fast or if you actually think there is a issue here.

Sincerely,
Echo