Who is online

Ask BFME: Reforged a question here or via email.

Moderator: Solethria

sakkar

Who is online

Post by sakkar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 am

This is probably just small bug that should have really small priority. When I go from main page of Forum in sections, I spotted that in sections you cant see if anybody is online.

Screenshots:
bug1.png
reference
actual bug
bug2.png
Actual bug
And as you can see also in screenshots when I go in any section I shows at top General Discussion which open main forum. So there are two almost same ... ( I dont know how to call it, sorry for it. I hope you understant what I mean with this)

I know that those are only small details, but I thought that if you miss them you should at least know about them from someone.

Sorry for bad english.

Lostir

Re: Who is online

Post by Lostir » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 am

I understood the "Who is online" as showing who is online on the current board and its subboards. So, the others were likely online in a different subboard than you.

Yes, the "General Discussion" in the path really confuses me too. In particular when you are in a "General Discussion" thread and want to go to "General Discussion" instead to the overall forum.

Solethria

Post by Solethria » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am

Lostir wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 am
Yes, the "General Discussion" in the path really confuses me too. In particular when you are in a "General Discussion" thread and want to go to "General Discussion" instead to the overall forum.
Yes this is something that we are looking into for the forum structure change. The parent forum is probably going to be called 'Community'. Also, it seems to skip a forum view from main page to General discussion > General Discussion. In between is this (in my opinion) nice view that I really like but nobody gets to see. Maybe this experience can be transferred over to the main forum view, don't know yet:
Forum G-D view.JPG
sakkar wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 am
And as you can see also in screenshots when I go in any section I shows at top General Discussion which open main forum. So there are two almost same ... ( I dont know how to call it, sorry for it. I hope you understant what I mean with this)
The 'Who is online' function is (sub)forum specific. I don't know if it works 100% correctly but that is at least inteded functionality. From the main page you get to see all online members.
Forum Moderator

sakkar

Post by sakkar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 am

Solethria wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am
sakkar wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 am
The 'Who is online' function is (sub)forum specific. I don't know if it works 100% correctly but that is at least inteded functionality. From the main page you get to see all online members.
Thank you then, I finaly get it.

EdwardNeolo